The Benefits of Divorce Mediation
At J. Torrez Law P.C., we strongly encourage mediation when possible because mediation can be empowering, which can give you strength through this difficult transition.
There are several other benefits to utilizing the mediation process, including:
- Confidentiality: All of your communications and meetings are private. The only people who will hear your negotiations will be you, your spouse, and the mediators.
- Efficient: Since you and your spouse are negotiating your own terms, the resolution is often faster than drawn-out court proceedings. Depending on your unique situation, mediation may also be cost-effective.
- Control: When it comes to mediation, you are in control of the outcome of your divorce. Mediators will help you and your spouse focus the conversations, but you will ultimately work together to create your own agreement on your own terms. This means you will have a say in your child’s living arrangements and schedule.
- Compromise: In another divorce process, someone else — like a judge — has the final say. Through mediation, you and your spouse can compromise on different matters in order to come to a solution that best fits the needs of your family.
- Attention: Through mediation, your voice is heard. You will work with your mediator and receive personal attention. Your goals, needs, and wants will be expressed. You and your spouse can work together to focus energy on what matters most.
- Protection: As you and your spouse go through the process, your children are shielded from the dispute. Through the mediation process, your children are spared some of the fear, stress, and anxiety that often accompany litigation proceedings.
Divorce is a life-changing experience and can be difficult on the entire family. Our lawyer wants you to choose the process that will best address your concerns and help you achieve an agreement that will work moving forward.
Serving Your Best Interests
If you are considering a divorce or have a family-related matter that needs to be addressed, contact us today. Call to schedule an appointment. Our family law attorney assists families throughout Austin, Texas. Serving Travis County, Hays County, and Williamson County.